cox graae + spack architects is seeking driven, dedicated and talented individuals with design and technical experience to work in a collaborative studio environment on an exciting and diverse portfolio of institutional projects. cox graae + spack architects is a nationally recognized architectural design, planning, programming, space planning and interior design firm with a professional staff of 25 based in the Georgetown district of Washington, DC. Founded in 1981, the firm’s commissions encompass historic preservation, renovation, adaptive re-use, additions and new construction with a focus on institutional project types – public and private K-12 and Higher Education, religious, museums and public civic facilities. The firm has distinguished itself as one of the DC Metropolitan area’s leading architectural firms, with over 75 local, regional and national design awards. Committed to the principles of design excellence, we endeavor to create high quality, beautiful and sustainable projects that reflect and celebrate the values and culture of each unique client. We are committed to creating places and spaces designed not only to satisfy the fundamental objectives of the program, but also to foster a deep sense of pride in their users. This employment opportunity is a full time position (with benefits). A competitive salary commensurate with skill level and experience will be provided. To apply please email Bill Spack, Principal – email@example.com or Tom Wheeler, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate for this full-time position should be a graduate with an architecture degree (from an accredited US institution of higher learning) and have 3-10 years experience working in a US architect’s office. BIM experience is preferred – though training can be provided. Experience with SketchUp is also preferred. The candidates will work in a highly collaborative environment where creativity combines with sound design principles and technical execution to create projects that meet both the vision and functional needs of our clients.
Proposal / Marketing Coordinator
cox graae + spack architects has an immediate opening for a Proposal / Marketing Coordinator.
- Prepare high-impact written proposals and written responses to RFP’s, RFQ’s for public and private sector projects.
- Read & review RFP materials, and monitor procurement sources.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing packages, presentations and other marketing materials (i.e. ads, award submissions, holiday and event collateral).
- Maintain up-to-date marketing files and project data
- Assist in developing & reviewing content for the firm’s website.
- Maintain the firm’s social media presence.
- Other support tasks as needed, including front office support.
- Experience working in the Architecture industry a plus. Engineering and Construction industries are also highly considered.
- Experience developing proposals for both public and/or private clients
- Mac familiarity (cg+s is an all-Mac environment).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (CC) applications – InDesign and PhotoShop required.
- Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar platform
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects
- Experience in coordinating work with multiple in house departments and multiple external firms on concurrent projects to meet firm deadlines.
For more information, please contact us at (Hire@cgsarchitects.com).