cox graae + spack architects restored the Georgetown Visitation Monastery Chapel, the oldest building on the campus of Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School. Originally construction in 1821, the chapel was badly damaged by a devastating fire that destroyed its neighboring building, Founder’s Hall. cox graae + spack architects restored the exterior of the little chapel in accordance with restoration guidelines set by the Old Georgetown Historic District. The interior was completely reconfigured to accommodate the evolving Catholic liturgy and encourage interaction between the students and the nuns.