Madeira, an independent boarding school for girls, embarked upon the second phase of its master plan to upgrade key portions of their campus. cox graae + spack architects designed the adaptive reuse of a ca. 1929 neo-Georgian dining hall into a contemporary academic facility. The building’s central open space was infilled to create classrooms including a new 90-seat, tiered lecture hall with state-of-the-art AV and communications technology. Other interior spaces were converted into resources rooms, administrative spaces, and faculty rooms. During the conversion, the building received a new slate roof and its historic double-hung windows were carefully restored.