The Academy of the Holy Cross is a Catholic college preparatory school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Cross, and currently educating approximately 520 students in grades nine through twelve. The school was founded in 1868 and by 1956 had moved to its present 28 acre home in Kensington, MD. The Academy is a Christ-centered community which values diversity and is committed to developing women of courage, compassion and scholarship who responsibly embrace the social, spiritual and intellectual challenges of the world. In 2016, the Academy commissioned cox graae + spack architects to assist with developing master planning recommendations for their Kensington campus. Initial efforts focused on the review of current conditions and determining facility needs and opportunities and program development with the goal that information created would help inform development of strategic goals and vice versa. Ultimately, alternate site organization strategies became the basis for master plan recommendations supported by cost and schedule analysis and development of an initial building initiative.