This 1903 National Historic Landmark office building had been severely altered over time and was in need of a full renovation. The complete interior and exterior historic restoration and reconstruction of the nine-story structure includes new building systems, elevators and egress stairs. The original cast-iron structural frame was strengthened to allow a new two-story high rooftop addition and infill construction space on each floor, adding 35,000 square feet of prime office space. A new two-story entrance replicates the demolished original lobby, incorporating marble floors, mahogany wall panels and ornamental cast plaster ceiling coffers. The brick and stone exterior façade was fully restored and new copper-roofed, curved glass window bays were added to return the retail shop fronts to their former turn-of-the-century elegance. The project includes the design of tenant fit-outs for the majority of the leased space in the building following renovation.